Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Red Chilly Pickle

During my vacation last year, one of the things I learned to make was the hot, delectable red chilly pickle. It's that time of the year again. Go make some for your family....

Let me share the recipe with you. This time I am not going to point out the proportions of ingredients. Rather, I’ll simply depict the relative proportions in a picture and let you experiment a little. Ready to have some fun?

Procedure:
1. Clean the red chilies with water and dry in sun.
2. Split them so that each one opens only on one side and is able to hold the stuffing inside.
2. Heat some oil in a pan and keep it aside to cool.
3. Mix ingredients given in the picture below.
IMG_1416

4. Add Lemon Juice or dry mango powder (Amchoor) or finely cut mango pieces to the mixture.
Start with the minimum quantity you think will do, after the mixture is ready you can adjust as per your taste.
5. Stuff the chilly pieces as shown below:
IMG_1443

6. Store closely in a glass bottle with a tight cap.
7. Add the cooled oil till it covers most of the pickle.
8. Keep the bottle tightly closed in the sun for a couple of days.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!! Please feel free to share what you think of this post. I'll make every attempt to respond to your requests, if any.

Thanks for dropping by.